June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Maternal Cannibalism and Communion in the Novel and Film Life of Pi
- Why do the Cylons Hate Humanity (and Vancouver)? Spoiler Alert!
- Can You Trust a Government that Hides Numerous Policy Changes in Giant Unrelated Bills they Hope Nobody Reads?
- If Wilfred is just a dog, does that mean Ryan killed him? (Spoiler Alert)
- Another New Book Claims Jesus was Married
- Ang Lee
- Battlestar Galactica
- Brother Cavil
- Canadian Content
- Chief Tyrol
- Donnelly Rhodes
- Ellen Tigh
- Ex-gay Movement
- Life boat
- Life of Pi
- Richard Parker
- Yann Martel
Tag Archives: Psychoanalysis
Maternal Cannibalism and Communion in the Novel and Film Life of Pi
NOTE: The following is an abridged and edited version of an article I wrote published in the Journal of Religion and Popular Culture, Volume 27, Number 1, Spring 2015, pp. 1-15 (University of Toronto Press). The full article can be … Continue reading
Posted in Canada, Immigration and Refugees, Media, Popular Culture, Psychology, Religion Tagged Ang Lee, Cannibalism, Christianity, Communion, Hinduism, Hyena, Islam, Life boat, Life of Pi, Mother, Orangutan, Psychoanalysis, Richard Parker, Survival, Tiger, Trauma, Yann Martel, Zebra 1 Comment
Why do the Cylons Hate Humanity (and Vancouver)? Spoiler Alert!
“I’m a machine. I can know much more. I can experience so much more. But I’m trapped in this absurd body. And why? Because my five creators thought that God wanted it that way.” –John Cavil, Cylon Model #1. Listen! … Continue reading